During this interactive session with Whole Forest you will:
- Learn about the opportunities to go beyond Zero Carbon and towards buildings that support carbon capture and storage by sourcing carbon negative materials.
- Understand the natural carbon cycle that regulates the global climate and the role of forests, agriculture, and buildings in modifying climate.
- Evaluate climate smart forestry, forest management and wood product strategies that promote carbon storage in forests and transfer the benefit to buildings (biogenic carbon).
- Review examples of products that reduce embodied carbon by validating carbon performance through an LCA from the forest to end of product life, with a highlight on interior surfaces.
- Dive into a Whole Forest case study: Innovation in negative-carbon hardwood surface products based on climate smart forestry in Ecuador.