We're so excited to see you at BuildingEnergy Boston 2022! Your health and safety are our top priorities. We’ve implemented new guidelines and policies to help support a safe experience. Every attendee, including speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and staff, is expected to comply with the health and safety protocols detailed on this page.
Our team is continually reviewing these guidelines in accordance with public health recommendations, NESEA’s In-person Gathering Policy, and in collaboration with other event organizers and venue partners. We will continue to update our protocols for BuildingEnergy Boston 2022 as needed and will post updates to this page.
All attendees are required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to admittance to the conference. Be sure to bring proof of your vaccination status and a photo ID. You will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved or authorized by the FDA or WHO. “Fully vaccinated” means that you must have received your final vaccination dose by February 13, 2022 (two weeks before the event). Acceptable vaccines include:
- Any COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen
- Any COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Any active COVID-19 vaccine used during a U.S.-based clinical trial
All other COVID-19 vaccines, including Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, Covaxin, and Sinopharm-WIBP are not acceptable. Mixed COVID-19 vaccine schedules of authorized vaccines to establish full vaccination status are acceptable.
In accordance with CDC recommendations, attendees are required to wear masks in the official event space when not eating or drinking. Note that presenters at this event may remove their masks during their scheduled presentation.
Acceptable face coverings must fit properly and snugly, fully covering your nose and mouth, and secure under your chin. Face coverings with exhalation valves, bandanas, and neck gaiters are not permitted.
We have adjusted our layout and will implement exhibitor recommendations with capacity management and physical distancing in mind. Please adhere to all signage and direction from staff. Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event in order to ensure the health and safety of all attendees.
If you prefer for attendees to maintain physical distance from you, we will be providing stickers (colorful smiley faces) that you can add to your badge to indicate this. Please be conscious and respectful of other attendees' preferences regarding social distancing.
Health & Safety Acknowledgement:
All participants are expected to follow local and facility guidelines as well as travel safety guidelines when using ground and air transportation en route to the event:
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including BuildingEnergy Boston. Prior to purchasing a ticket for and attending BuildingEnergy Boston, we encourage you to read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention.
By attending BuildingEnergy Boston, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of entering the conference venue, you acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- You will abide by all BuildingEnergy Boston health-and-safety requirements;
- You are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Prior to attending BuildingEnergy Boston you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine
- You are not under any self-quarantine orders
- That you are fully vaccinated, meaning at the time you are attending the Event it has been at least fourteen (14) days since:
- your second dose in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series authorized by the FDA or by the WHO, such as the Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccines, or
- your single dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the FDA or by the WHO, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
Please do not enter BuildingEnergy Boston at the Westin Boston Seaport District if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at BuildingEnergy Boston you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave the venue at the sole discretion of event management.
If you decide not to attend BuildingEnergy Boston due to concerns about COVID-19, you may cancel your registration before Tuesday, February 22 to receive a full refund or credit for a future event. If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms, you may cancel and receive a refund or credit at any time.
Change is Constant
As has been the case for the past 18 months, the situation is changing constantly and guidelines are fluid. Please be patient with event organizers, facility partners, and your fellow event participants, and please operate with kindness and understanding. NESEA will continue to evaluate what is best for event participants to ensure we meet safely and that every attendee and member of the staff and service communities are comfortable.