BuildingEnergy NYC 2019 Request for Proposals
The call for proposals is CLOSED. Thanks to all who submitted their ideas for conference sessions. Proposers will hear no later than mid-June if their proposal has been accepted.
|Call for Proposals
||Notification of Status
Want to help transform the built environment by putting your ideas in front of hundreds of professionals looking to improve their practices? The Conference Chairs for Building Energy NYC 2019 (Thursday, September 26) invite you to propose education and workshop sessions in support of this year's conference theme: Electrification.
Bring your knowledge and experience to help our community address the challenges and optimize the benefits of moving towards decarbonizing our cities and buildings. Electrification has been identified as a key component of 80% GHG reduction by 2050 and has transformative implications for the building industry. How does electrification affect the design, construction, related policies, technology, operations, user engagement, community equity in your project? The Chairs are also interested in proposals that address solutions when electrification is not possible, including other solutions for CO2 reduction. Come tell us your story.
Areas of Focus
NESEA’s mission is to advance the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn. We envision a built environment in the Northeast that is climate neutral, adaptive and resilient, energy independent, architecturally inspiring, and supportive of connection and community.
We seek proposals that support this mission and vision, within the following areas of focus:
About the Review Process
Proposals will be reviewed and vetted by a volunteer NESEA-Member content committee to ensure that conference sessions are data-driven, diverse, and genuinely useful to attendees. Successful proposals:
- Feature sustainable and high-performance building practices, techniques, solutions, and/or governance.
- Present innovative material and ideas.
- Have rich data to support claims.
- Avoid focusing on specific, proprietary products and/or services.
- May describe learning from mistakes as well as from successes.
- May offer a more interactive format beyond simply a lecture and/or slides.
- May be designed for a specific audience and level of expertise.
- Are comprehensive and complete upon submission.
Keep in Mind...
Please keep a few things in mind before you submit a proposal:
- You must be logged in to your nesea.org account to create a proposal. (Membership is not required to have an account.)
- This allows you to save your proposal as a draft and come back to work on it as often as you like before submitting.
- NESEA does not cover travel or lodging expenses for speakers.
- If you would like to work on your proposal as a team before submitting, this document contains a list of the fields you will be asked to fill out once you are logged in to your nesea.org account.