For Outstanding Service to NESEA …
Since 1993, the annual Distinguished Service Award has recognized a NESEA member who has made a significant contribution to the organization.
The Distinguished Service Award…
- Recognizes a significant contribution of time and service to NESEA and its mission by a living member of the organization over a period of time.
- Recognizes a range of contributions and character of service (including leadership, volunteerism, unsung heroes, staff, visionaries, etc.) and in so doing reveals that range as an example to the community.
- Acknowledges the diversity of the community.
- Acknowledges the legacy of service to the community.
- Encourages continued service in the role of organizational elder and steward of the community’s institutional memory.
- Provides a ritual of recognition celebrating the caliber and character of those whose service is exemplary.
- Maintains a record of that service over time.
- Connects these leaders as a group that continues to offer service to NESEA.
The nomination period opens in January.
The award is presented at the BuildingEnergy Boston Conference + Trade Show.
Past Winners of the Distinguished Service Award
|Alex Wilson||1993||Read the Award Inscription|
|Drew Gillett||1994||Read the Award Inscription|
|1996||Read the Award Inscription|
|1997||Read the Award Inscription|
|John Abrams||1998||Read the Award Inscription|
|1999||Read the Award Inscription|
|Bruce Coldham||2000||Read the Award Inscription|
|Joel Gordes||2001||Read the Award Inscription|
Richard Gottlieb and Carol Levin
|2002||Read the Award Inscription|
|Henry Vandermark||2003||Read the Award Inscription|
NESEA advances the adoption of sustainable energy practices in the built environment by cultivating a community where practitioners share, collaborate and learn.