Current Issue: Spring 2014
The magazine for energy and building pros
NESEA’s magazine, the BuildingEnergy, is published twice a year; members receive it as a benefit. The content is guided by an editorial advisory board of NESEA members. It includes diverse articles and book reviews by sustainable-energy and high-performance building experts, most of whom are NESEA members. The fall issue features the Sustainable Green Pages.
Authors – editing info, image specs and copyright info can be found here.
Proposal period is now closed
Check the editorial calendar for important submission, advertising and publishing dates.
In the Fall 2013 issue:
- Zero Net Energy Building Award
- New From NESEA: Zero Net Energy Database
- Public Impact Award: R. Carter Scott
- Deep Knowledge Transfer, Online
- Hurricane Sandy: Point Taken
- Green Buildings Open House in Transition
- Upgraded Envelopes, Unintended Consequences
- Sports Stadiums Green Up
- Resilient Solar PV Systems
- Book Review: Antifragile
- 2013 Sustainable Green Pages
(From p. 14): Moving the Marketplace to ZNEB
Learn about the Honig residence, a Connecticut Passive House built by NESEA member Jamie Wolf…
In the Spring 2013 issue:
- Getting Real About Primary Energy
- Insulation Challenge: Sloped Ceilings
- Systems Literacy: What You Didn’t
Know You Knew
- A Building That Teaches
- The Real Costs and Benefits of
- Zero Energy and Beyond in Devens, MA
Reach NESEA’s entire professional network and then some
As the magazine for the region’s leading organization of professionals working in sustainable energy, whole systems thinking, and clean technology, the BuildingEnergy Magazine reaches a highly targeted audience. NESEA members receive discounted ad rates.
- Fall print run 6,000 (typically printed in August)
- Spring print run 6,000 (typically printed in January)
- Circulation 12,000
- All ads are 4-color
Other distribution points:
- BuildingEnergy NYC
- BuildingEnergy Pro-Tours
- Select Green Buildings Open House Sites
- Architecture Boston
- ACI New England
Contact: Jennifer Spencer
413-774-6051 ext 25
Spring 2014 deadlines
Ad placements: December 4
Final digital artwork: January 3
Click to the rate sheet to download a .pdf copy.
If, in the judgment of the publisher, an ad has been damaged, a replacement ad will be run free of charge. The original ad must be paid in full. All claims must be made within 15 days of publication.