The Mechanical Engineer is a key asset to the team, leading technical building performance services for our clients. The Mechanical Engineer must exhibit strong technical skills, self-management, client relationship management, project management and communication skills. The candidate must be capable of making immediate contributions to client projects and company initiatives through advanced knowledge of building mechanical and enclosure systems; proficiency in energy modeling and data analysis; and hands-on, in-field diagnostics and testing.
Apply through website: BuildingEvo.com or send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- On-site assessments and investigations involving visual observation and diagnostic testing of building performance issues, enclosure/mechanical system failures.
- Technical design review of Mechanical and Enclosure design.
- Energy modelling and data analysis, including WUFI and Therm for Passive House (PHIUS).
- Manage tasks and projects to budget.
- Conduct client communications to the highest professional standards.
- Manage, Mentor, and Develop other team members.
- Business development including, but not limited to, proposal development and delivery.
Minimum Requirements, Skills and Qualities:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Advanced technical knowledge of HVAC.
- Technical proficiency in energy modeling and data analysis, including WUFI and Therm.
- The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and clean driving record.
Example of Potential Certifications/Learning:
- PHIUS Certified Passive House Consultant® (CPHC)
- AEE Certified Energy Manager® (CEM)
- BCXA Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- Building Analyst
- Energy Star - Various
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) – Conferences & Events
- PASSIVEhouse MA - Events
- Association of Engineers (AEE) New England - Events
- Work to be performed primarily within the Worcester office (3-4 days/week).
- Same-day local travel to client sites 1-2 days/week. Very occasional out of state overnight travel may be expected.
- BEC is a market leader in the high-performance built environment. We apply deep expertise and experience in building enclosures and mechanical systems to solve complex building performance problems and to navigate our client’s projects toward ambitious building performance goals.
- Within Crompton Place within the Canal District
- We offer great pay plus bonus plan
- 75% employer paid medical insurance
- Employer paid vision and dental.
- Employer paid short and long term disability.
- Retirement plan
- Generous Personal Time Off (PTO and Company Time Off (CTO)
Learn more and apply: firstname.lastname@example.org