ABA is an industry leader of energy analysis, diagnostic, and verification services in Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. We are an ENERGY STAR Homes partner who helps builders of new single family and multi-family homes cost effectively meet the challenges of higher energy efficiency standards. ABA consults with architects and builders to improve building energy efficiency to meet or exceed program goals established by EPA’s ENERGY STAR Homes and Massachusetts Residential New Construction programs, as well as Building Code consultation and verification.
Candidates should have the following qualities, skills, and availability:
1. Positive Attitude and strong communication skills to effectively and diplomatically convey recommendations and findings regarding a wide range of building science concepts, programmatic material, and verification results.
2. Ability to develop good working relationships with our team members and with a wide range of clients including builders, architects, developers, and homeowners.
3. Capability to work independently and be an excellent problem solver.
1. Excellent computer skills including word, excel, google apps and email on both laptop and Android mobile devices.
2. Knowledge of construction terminology and ability to read and understand residential construction plans, drawings, and 3D renderings
3. Expertise will be required in the use of Ekotrope, Sketchup, and other industry specific software. Previous experience preferred but will train the right candidate.
4. Required Qualifications: Certified HERS Rater preferred but will train the right candidate.
5. Training opportunities will be available to this employee for infrared thermography, National Green Building Standard, LEED for Homes, Passive House, and ENERGY STAR Homes.
Availability and Requirements:
1. Availability for flexible field hours, starting as early as 7am at different jobs sites around eastern Massachusetts.
2. Must have a vehicle and will be reimbursed for mileage at IRS standard rates.
3. Capability to carry, setup, and take down equipment for onsite testing weighing up to 30 lbs.
4. Flexibility to work in home office and Amesbury, MA office.
5. Laptop, phone, and field equipment will be provided.
Compensation and Growth Potential:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Yearly bonus potential and health insurance, dental insurance, and IRA benefits.
Qualified Candidates should send a resume and cover letter via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org