We Connect Sustainability Professionals to Ideas and Each Other.
Attention Construction Professionals– PROSOCO’s Building Envelope Group is seeking people with experience in the design, detailing and real-world construction of waterproof, air-tight and energy efficient buildings. A basic understanding of wall assemblies and building science is necessary. Practical experience in new construction and energy retrofit of commercial and multi-family structures is preferred. This position will work in concert with PROSOCO field sales managers to promote proper use of PROSOCO’s R-GUARD line of waterproofing, air barrier and window repair/retrofit products. Competitive salary, incentive earnings and company vehicle provided. Interested parties should apply electronically at:
or stop by in person at PROSOCO’s booth #949
Responsible for management of energy efficiency optimization projects including analysis of client energy savings potential, conducting investment grade (ASHRAE Level III) energy audits of facilities with a particular focus on multifamily and hotel properties, cost estimating of energy conservation measures (ECMs), and energy modeling using TREAT® and DOE2 eQuest.
Manages project development from initial scoping to project performance “test-out”, including procurement and sourcing, subcontracted engineering design, troubleshooting, ongoing oversight of contractor relations, ongoing client relations with technical and maintenance staff, project commissioning and facilities management relations.
Must have the ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities throughout the Northeast as needed.
Requires a Bachelors degree in engineering discipline; CEM and PE preferred. 5 to 10 years experience in an energy engineering role. BPI Multifamily and/or Building Analyst, CEA, LEED AP are all a big plus. Strong working knowledge of building mechanical and electrical systems, with an emphasis on HVAC, lighting, building controls, compressed air, waste heat recovery, CHP, and renewable energy systems. Ability to identify and analyze various system types and apply the appropriate system to different applications. Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to prepare well-written proposals and technical documents, ability to present in front of clients.
Collaborates with management in strategic and tactical decisions. Maintains impeccable client service attitude and, when appropriate, seeks business development opportunities to enhance SEG’s business value. Conducts all relationships with strong ethical standards.
Salary commensurate with experience. This position is located in Portland Maine or Northampton MA. Check out our website at www.strategic-energy-group.com
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
Looking for experienced Solar PV Installer for full time work immediately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Lead Installer with quality solar PV installations in the following areas: roof penetrations, assembling, racking, panel attachment, grounding, homeruns, wire combiner box, and performing voltage testing
- Read plans, make calculations, and lay out components by measuring distances, snapping/pulling lines
- Assist with overall crew and job site safety; staging materials, tools and loading trucks; general ground support; general site preparation and clean-up
* At least one year of solar installation experience required – Commercial OR Residential
* Must know how to install Racking system
* Erecting Steel experience A PLUS
* Layout and assembly of solar modules, arrays and mounting hardware
* Electrical wiring of solar array system
* Any additional construction related experience is a plus (roofing, electrical, etc.)
* Ability to work in various positions including, but not limited to: stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time
* Ability to lift 60 pounds of weight
* Not afraid of heights or ladders
* Strong attention to detail
* Reliable transportation and able to pass background check
* Professional appearance
Please direct applications/inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program Officer will join the Enterprise office in New York to coordinate, implement, and expand Enterprise’s provision of energy efficiency and construction oversight services to affordable housing organizations. Work will take place at Enterprise’s New York office and in multifamily affordable housing properties throughout New York City. The Program Officer will join a small, highly productive team of real estate, building science, and construction professionals.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of building science as it relates to energy efficiency and water conservation, mechanical systems (boilers, hot water heaters, heating controls, air handlers, pumps, fans, electrical systems), and utility consumption & analysis in multifamily residential properties. This includes experience in conducting field visits and diagnostic testing of mechanical systems, and experience in using energy modeling software to conduct ASHRAE Level 2 energy audits. The candidate will have working knowledge and familiarity with New York City construction codes and requirements, construction practices, local construction costs, inspection techniques, and construction monitoring.
In addition the ideal candidate will have some experience in speaking and presenting at meetings to diverse audiences to be able to provide trainings and workshops in the areas of energy efficiency, building science, and green operations & maintenance. The candidate will have advanced written and oral communication skills with a strong attention to detail and quality control. Prior experience in affordable housing finance, community development, asset management, general housing operations& maintenance will be considered favorably.
Level I ENERGY AUDITOR
Power Concepts is seeking a Level I Energy Auditor. This is an entry level position for someone with 1-2 yrs of experience.
Requirements include: conduct level I, II, III energy audits per ASHRAE standards and whole-building energy modeling of multiple asset types including commercial, retail, medical, and multi-family residential facilities. Capable of developing templates for energy audits reports, energy modeling, and project implementation. Work with and manage sub-contractors to conduct energy audits, energy modeling, and analytical evaluation of results. Effectively represent company’s interest to outside agents to maximize sales efforts. Capable of identifying, estimating and recommending energy performance projects.
Knowledge of Energy analysis of building systems, including:
Identifying and applying for federal, state, utility energy rebates and incentives and provide energy engineering support to department sales efforts.
Additional requirements: Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Excellent verbal and written communication, math and problem solving skills. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Familiarity with the TREAT software program is a plus. Travel within the tristate area required. Salary plus benefits. F/T position.
South Mountain Company, Inc., an employee-owned architecture, building, and renewable energy firm located on Martha’s Vineyard, is looking for a qualified carpenter to join our company long term – a person passionate about carpentry and building who wants to team up with a progressive company.
Training, skill, 5+ years of experience, and the ability to work well with others are essential. Also important are computer skills, written and verbal communication skills, and project management potential.
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
If so, please write to John Abrams (email@example.com) and tell us why you may be the right person for the job. Be sure to attach resumé and references.
About South Mountain:
Our practice is committed to ecological design, fine craft, community involvement, and great professional development opportunities. We offer industry-leading benefits, profit sharing, long term ownership potential, and a workplace BCorps (www.bcorporation.net) designated as “one of the best companies for workers in the country.” For more information see our website.
We are currently seeking a senior engineer with a strong passion for involvement in the energy engineering and green building sector. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our expanding commercial energy services group. This person will be fully responsible for the planning and execution of energy auditing, commissioning and consulting projects from the proposal stage through project completion. The candidate will supervise staff and must have the following capabilities:
Position: Energy Analyst
Group: Multifamily New Construction Group
Location: New York Office
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. is seeking an Energy Analyst to support SWA projects in the area of multifamily green building design assistance and technical support. This would include supporting multifamily building energy systems optimization through energy modeling, design assistance and analysis, cost-benefit analyses, as well as ENERGY STAR Multifamily High-Rise, LEED for Homes Multifamily Mid-Rise and LEED for New Construction documentation. Entry level candidates will be considered; training can be made available for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will work primarily on multifamily new construction projects, mostly in the New York City area, but also projects around New York State, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Washington DC, and elsewhere. The candidate should be capable of the following tasks:
• Energy modeling using eQUEST, following ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G, and exceptional calculations
• Contributing to the design of multifamily buildings and sites by directing design teams towards appropriate passive solar, architectural, mechanical, and renewable energy strategies and technologies
• Performing energy efficiency and demand reduction analyses
• Performing cost-benefit analyses
• Conducting research on energy systems and building shell products and systems
• Performing calculations for ENERGY STAR and LEED compliance for energy credits (and other rating systems/state utility programs)
• Effectively communicating the compliance requirements and associated strategies to project owners and teams
At a minimum, we are looking for a degreed architect or mechanical engineer with experience in multifamily residential buildings. Experience with mid- or high-rise buildings is preferred, but not required. In addition, experience working on multifamily green building projects that have either achieved or pursued LEED for Homes Multifamily Midrise or LEED for New Construction certification is preferable.
Technical knowledge and experience include:
• Able to read Architectural and Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing design drawings
• ASHRAE Standards (i.e. 90.1-2007, 62.1-2007, 55-2007)
• Residential HVAC systems and design
• ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise, state and/or utility incentive programs
• Renewable energy technologies and analytical models
Additional preferred technical knowledge and experience:
• Energy efficient mechanical system design and controls optimization
• Cost estimating
Lastly, the successful candidate should exhibit strong time management and organizational skills; be mindful and flexible to changes in deadlines; be focused and highly self-motivated. This position will require working independently as well as closely with other staff members and members of multiple client project teams.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We are currently seeking three (3) qualified professionals to provide multifamily and commercial energy services based in New York City, and working in other areas of the country as needed. Three openings are available to complete multifamily and commercial energy audits, carry out building performance diagnostics, write detailed reports and presentations, and make best practice recommendations for energy efficiency. Training and equipment will be provided.
Summary of essential job function:
Desired Skill Set
Experience with building construction, NYC or other building codes, ASHRAE 90.1, multifamily and or commercial heating and cooling systems, weatherization, or building science is desirable but SWA will train the right candidate. Candidate must have an interest in energy efficiency, residential and commercial building construction, or related fields, and an eagerness to learn. This position requires excellent communication, customer service, organizational, and computational skills as well as a strong proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint. Three (3) years or more in construction or engineering background is a plus but not required.
Enterprise is expanding its services in 2013 to include planning for emergency management, disaster relief, and long-term resilience in the face of climate change.
The Program Officer will join the Enterprise office in New York to provide technical leadership on energy efficiency, general construction services and our new focus on emergency management planning, disaster response and climate change resilience.
The ideal candidate will bring in-depth knowledge of building science as it relates to energy efficiency and water conservation, working knowledge of mechanical systems (boilers, hot water heaters, heating controls, air handlers, pumps, fans, electrical systems), and general familiarity with construction codes and requirements, construction practices, local construction costs, inspection techniques, and construction monitoring. Prior experience in emergency management or disaster response will be considered favorably.
please go go the following URL
New Ecology, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of Green Building Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of projects, working with project owners and development teams to practically and cost-effectively improve the performance, health and durability of buildings that are being newly constructed or substantially renovated. The work requires basic technical architectural and mechanical competency as well as construction site field experience. Responsibilities include guiding teams on developing strategies to green their properties, ensuring that these strategies are reflected in plans and specifications, training construction teams, inspecting work to ensure that the design intent is met, and conducting post occupancy evaluations. Other duties include coordinating LEED and Energy Star certification and renewable energy installations. The primary focus of this work is at the building level, specifically on multifamily housing and community buildings in the northeast.
New Ecology is an innovative, nationally-recognized non-profit corporation that provides energy efficiency, green building and other services to community-based organizations to promote sustainable development. For more information about New Ecology, see www.newecology.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Green Building Project Manager’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Reviewing technical documents such as building plans, specifications, and submittals to ensure that green design intent is incorporated and that green and energy efficiency features are buildable;
· Leading design charrettes to identify and target cost effective greening strategies and approaches for clients;
· Attending project meetings and leading discussions on relevant sustainability issues;
· Conducting construction inspections to ensure that projects are built as designed, that LEED and Energy Star requirements are met, and that problems and issues are identified and resolved to the owner’s satisfaction;
· Conducting post-occupancy evaluations of projects to ensure they are performing as intended;
· Managing LEED projects, including identifying credits for projects, managing LEED documentation; assigning responsibility for credits to project teams members and working with them to fulfill requirements; training contractors and design team members; inspecting for compliance; resolving questions relating to credits;
· Securing grants and rebates for clients, including writing proposals, working with utility representatives, and filing rebate forms;
· Representing clients before government agencies in permitting and compliance discussions;
· Drafting proposals;
· Presenting at conferences; and
· Marketing New Ecology’s services.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and a team player. The candidate must have a basic technical knowledge of building systems and operations, experience in project management, coordination and implementation, demonstrated experience on LEED coordinating projects and achieving certification, and a strong desire to work on energy efficiency and sustainability issues at the building level.
The candidate should also possess strong customer communication skills. The candidate should be prepared for increased responsibility in a rapidly growing company and should be motivated to help build this aspect of New Ecology’s services.
The applicant’s experience and qualifications should include:
· technical competence in reading and interpreting specifications and plans;
· significant, demonstrated experience in building science,
· knowledge of HVAC systems and building codes;
· a strong knowledge of multifamily buildings/building systems;
· experience in construction management and field inspections;
· experience managing multiple projects;
· LEED accreditation and experience in actually certifying projects;
· ability to communicate clearly both orally (presentations) and in writing; and
· a graduate degree or equivalent experience
· experience as a HERS rater and/or BPI certification is also desirable.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (please add ‘Green Building Project Manager’ in the subject line)
Or mail to:
New Ecology, Inc.
15 Court Square, Suite 420
Boston, MA 02108
Attn: Green Building Project Manager Position
NEI is committed to developing a diverse staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
All photos by Matthew Cavanaugh Photography unless otherwise credited.