Click here to nominate someone!
See the list of Professional Leadership winners here
For exemplary professional practice …
In 2010, NESEA launched the annual Professional Leadership Award, which is given to someone who demonstrates exemplary professional practice and exceptional humanity. Someone we can hold out to say, “Here is why NESEA exists!”
The recipient of this award is fully engaged with and embodies the ideals of the NESEA community:
- is regarded in his or her field as a leader whose ideas change how we think about and do our work
- is a whole systems thinker with a multidisciplinary approach to practice
- models methods of practice that we aspire to
- demonstrates the highest integrity and honesty
- is immensely generous in sharing his or her knowledge, skill, and experience
- is a person of great heart
- is a clear thinker and communicator
- has a profound curiosity that extends the boundaries of our shared knowledge
The award is announced in March at the BuildingEnergy Conference and Trade Show.
Thank you, Everett Barber!
The 2012 Professional Leadership Award recipient is Everett Barber a Solar Consultant and co-author of Convert Your Home to Solar Energy.
To Everett Barber, pioneering and much admired solar expert:
We are honored to have learned so much from you, felt your long-term friendship and inspiration, and your passion to promote solar energy as a mainstream technology. You are a true solar pioneer, whose work was already published before many in the NESEA community even started. It is a testament to you that your talks still pack a room.
Photo at right courtesy of Joel Gordes